Apr 12, 2015
We all have 24 hours in a day. What we do with that time
and how effectively we deal with our 24-hour allocation can have a
significant bearing on our work performance, health, satisfaction
and personal relationships. There’s no doubt that some people
manage their allocated time better than others. Some time
management suggestions include:
• Establish daily and weekly to-do list.
• Mark off tasks when they’re completed.
• Periodically prepare a log sheet to identify how you spent your time.
• Control interruptions, especially telephone calls, emails and Skype.
• Try and have a quiet time each day. This is your quality time to think about the issues affecting you and your business.
• Encourage staff to set goals and productivity targets and, also, set your own.
• Make meetings productive by insisting on agendas being prepared, reports being distributed beforehand and the meeting starts on time.
Remember, everyone has the same amount of time each day. How you spend it will have a significant impact on how you perform as an accountant.
Many business people need assistance with managing time – small, medium and large business operators. This is a legitimate activity for an accountant to conduct, as part of offering business advisory services in 2015.